By using The Food Waste AtlasTM you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, you must not use the Food Waste Atlas or download and use any materials or reports from Atlas.
- The Food Waste Atlas is maintained by The Waste and Resources Action Programme, a UK registered charity no 1159512 and a private company limited by guarantee registered in England no. 4125764 whose registered office is Second floor, Blenheim Court, 19 George Street, Banbury, Oxon, OX16 5BH ("WRAP"). All rights to the copyright in the content of Atlas and ownership of all intellectual property rights in The Food Waste Atlas, are reserved. You must not reproduce any part of The Food Waste Atlas or the material within it other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use. The Food Waste Atlas was developed by WRAP and the World Resources Institute. Financial support was provided by the Walmart Foundation.
- The use of The Food Waste Atlas and the downloading and use of any materials and reports from The Food Waste Atlas constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use, which take effect immediately on your first use of The Food Waste Atlas. WRAP reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by posting changes online that will also be communicated to relevant parties. Your continued use of The Food Waste Atlas after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use as modified by the posted changes.
Use of The Food Waste Atlas
- The purpose of The Food Waste Atlas is to be the world’s first global reporting portal which supports the achievement of SDG 12.3 and to enable businesses and governments to record and analyse data on food loss and waste and focus delivery of appropriate interventions and track progress against the across the entire food system. The Food Waste Atlas is being made available to businesses and governments perform the following actions:
- Target: Access to global data to help inform the development of baselines and appropriate target setting
- Measure: Align measurement with international standards, and share data transparently
- Act: Gain insights on food loss and waste by product, by region, and by country, to inform action to reduce food waste
- Users of The Food Waste Atlas must adhere to the ‘Reporting Process’ for The Food Waste Atlas as may be amended from time to time which will be provided to, or made available to, all users of The Food Waste Atlas. The accuracy of reports generated by The Food Waste Atlas is affected by the accuracy of data inputted by users of The Food Waste Atlas. All data inputted into The Food Waste Atlas must be accurate and comparisons from year to year should be made between consistent datasets and reports must include details of the scope of data that have been included to allow for consistent input in future years.
- WRAP compiles and uses data from the reports generated from The Food Waste Atlas to help measure progress against SDG 12.3. Data inputted into The Food Waste Atlas is kept securely by WRAP. On request, WRAP can upload data on an anonymised basis.
Limitations on WRAP’s Liability
- WRAP does not warrant that the use of The Food Waste Atlas will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that The Food Waste Atlas or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs.
- WRAP accepts no liability for any inaccuracies in the data provided to WRAP to input into The Food Waste Atlas and users who rely on the information inputted into The Food Waste Atlas and on any reports produced by The Food Waste Atlas do so at their own risk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use shall operate or be construed so as to exclude or restrict the liability of WRAP for death or personal injury caused by reason of the negligence of WRAP or of its servants, employees or agents.
- Save as set out in 4.3, in no event will WRAP be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of The Food Waste Atlas or the data supplied to WRAP to input onto The Food Waste Atlas, or loss of profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of The Food Waste Atlas.
- In no event shall WRAP's total liability to any user of The Food Waste Atlas for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, or not (including, but not limited to, negligence) or otherwise) exceed the costs incurred by the user, if any, for accessing The Food Waste Atlas.
If any of these Terms and Conditions of Use should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions of Use are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions of Use and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.