***This grant is now closed for applications***
The aim of this grant is to support the redistribution of a significant volume of food to end beneficiaries through not-for-profit organisations / non-commercial activity.
This grant will provide capital infrastructure to help address a current gap in the sector for redistributing food that is currently being wasted, and instead finding solutions for diverting it to people in need.
The outcome of the assessment for Stage 1 will be announced the week commencing 29 July 2019.
This large-scale grant will fund between £200k to £1M projects.
- Any size enterprise small to large (no commercial activity). Enterprises can partner for joint bids
- England only
- Warehouse infrastructure
- Weighing equipment
- Storage solutions
- Industrial freezer / fridges
- Inventory software equipment
- Baler / loading equipment
- Loading equipment (project use only)
- Labelling equipment
- Food for animal feed
- Replacement of existing infrastructure where there is no added value or additionality. i.e. like for like
Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- Applicant eligibility
- Project activity
- Applicant’s ability to deliver
- Potential project impact
The latest list of award recipients is below:
That Bread and Butter Thing £403,945.00
City Harvest £213,836.00
His Church £549,095.00