The Hub provides local authorities with a comprehensive online resource to enable them to produce a Waste Prevention plan and to help householders prevent waste.
The hub contains guidance, links to templates and on-line tools to help waste and recycling officers:
- explain what waste prevention is and why it is important
- build a business case for waste prevention activities
- calculate the potential and actual impacts of waste prevention activities
- develop a detailed waste prevention plan
- access practical guidance for specific household waste prevention activities, re-use of items and how to develop partnerships
- communicate the plan to residents and partners, and
- monitor and evaluate the results.
Throughout, the Hub provides evidence that waste prevention plans work by containing real-life and proven success stories where local authorities have worked in partnership with residents, community groups and businesses.