A guide to monitoring and evaluating the impact of your schemes and initiatives to improve them in the most cost-effective way.
This guide covers monitoring and evaluation of:
- local recycling and composting collection services / schemes;
- re-use schemes, for example furniture and waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) re-use or reusable bag schemes;
- waste prevention schemes including nappy schemes, unwanted mail and food waste prevention initiatives; and
- communications campaigns and outreach activities.
It focuses on household waste but the techniques described can be adapted for other types of municipal and non-municipal waste.
It is designed specifically for organisations that are responsible for running waste recycling, composting, reuse and reduction services / schemes including:
- waste collection and disposal authorities, working alone or in partnership;
- waste management collection and disposal contractors;
- civic amenity site managers;
- community groups that operate recycling, composting, reuse and/or reduction schemes; and
- monitoring and evaluation specialists such as consultancies and universities.
By downloading resources you are agreeing to use them according to our terms and conditions.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
Monitoring and Evaluation Guidance: Executive summary and contents
PDF, 209.11 KB