Strategic planning is the first step in managing the implementation of a new recycling service or improving an existing service. It is important to spend time on this stage as it sets the scene thus influencing the success of your project plan and your scheme.
This section on strategic planning:
- Defines the main types of flats you may find in your borough
- Outlines the collection and communication challenges associated with providing services to flats
- Explains some common terminology
- Provides advice on setting effective aims and objectives
- Includes a template implementation plan with step-by-step activities for launching or improving a service
- Allows you to download a simple tool to help you calculate the impact of different collection schemes on your national indicators