A ground-breaking, industry wide roadmap and toolkit that:
- Allows businesses to measure and report consistently and with confidence.
- Helps food businesses take targeted action to reduce waste in their own operations, their supply chain and from consumers.
- Helps the food sector deliver against Courtauld Commitment 2030 targets.
- Helps the UK deliver its part in delivering the UN's Sustainable Development Goal 12.3.
- Target: Emphasising that best practice is to set a target that ‘meets or exceeds’ SDG target 12.3.
- Measure: Clarifying that ‘measure’ means ‘measure and report to WRAP.’
- Act: There are now separate milestones for each of the three action areas of operational food waste, collaborative action and citizen food waste so that progress can be tracked, and relevant action taken to accelerate progress further if required.
This table shows the refreshed Food Waste Reduction Roadmap milestones (as published in March 2023), with the Actuals column updated with 2022 data.
By downloading resources you are agreeing to use them according to our terms and conditions.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
Food Waste Reduction Roadmap toolkit
PDF, 2.38 MB
Collaborating with supply chain partners and supporting citizens
PDF, 1.21 MB
Primary Producers - Food Waste Reduction Roadmap action list
PDF, 1.21 MB
Retail - Food Waste Reduction Roadmap action list
PDF, 1.37 MB
Manufacturers - Food Waste Reduction Roadmap action list
PDF, 1.39 MB
Hospitality & Food Service - Food Waste Reduction Roadmap action list
PDF, 1.79 MB