We work closely with local authorities, providing free-to-use resources and support, to help make waste and recycling service the best they can be.
Our local authority support team are experienced in all aspects of service design and delivery and by working closely with DAERA are well placed to help local authorities prepare for any future policy changes.
Resources and tools for local authorities
We work on a one-to-one basis with individual local authorities or groups of authorities, providing free and impartial guidance and support on topics such as:
- Performance data and benchmarking;
- Options modelling and appraising future collection options;
- Procurement of collection services;
- Service design, implementation and evaluation;
- Communications to support service change or improve quality or capture;
- Business case development;
- Service change support;
- General advice to councils.
The National Communications Advisory Panel (NCAP) was established in 2015 to allow council, Government, and community sector stakeholders to work together to co-create and deliver citizen behaviour change, including developing and amplifying WRAP campaigns. The group meets regularly to collaborate to share best practice in communications and discuss key behaviour tracker survey outputs. If you have a query about NCAP, please get in touch.
WRAP coordinates Northern Ireland actions for European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR) in November each year, promoting the campaign and providing administrative support to partners to register their activities.