The Courtauld Commitment Water Ambition progress report sets out:
- The physical, commercial and reputational risks facing UK food and drink businesses linked to water needs in their supply chains.
- Steps businesses can take to reduce their exposure to water risks.
- A ready-made framework of collective action projects in key sourcing locations which supply more than 2/3 of the UK’s vegetables (excluding potatoes) and 1/3 of the UK’s fruit.
What actions can business take?
WWF has defined a framework to guide businesses towards being a water steward and reducing exposure to water risks.
Checklist for businesses To help businesses take the right steps, we have produced a checklist which outlines the actions to take, as well as links to further sources of guidance and support tools. Download the checklist here.
Collective action projects: UK
Collective action projects: International
A call for collaboration on a common challenge
"The challenges facing us on water do not discriminate between companies, countries or crops. Collaborating with partners via the Courtauld Commitment ensures that we maximise our impact and do not duplicate effort. We support the call for others to join in collective action in key sourcing areas and look forward to working together to develop a future we all want to see."
- Thomas Farrell, UK Environmental Manager, ABP
- Chris Brown, Senior Director Sustainability and Sourcing, ASDA
- Liz Lowe, GB Sustainability Manager, Coca-Cola Great Britain
- Sarah Wakefield, Sustainable Sourcing and Fairtrade Manager, Co-op
- Ashley Gilman, Agriculture Manager, Cranswick
- Kate O’Driscoll, Head of Sustainability, Kepak Group
- Emmanuelle Hopkinson, Sustainability Project Manager, M&S
- Andy Griffiths, Head of Value Chain Sustainability, Nestle
- Paul Dobson, Director of Health, Safety and Environment, Premier Foods
- Judith Batchelar, Director of Sainsbury’s Brand, Sainsbury’s
- Matt Bardell, Group Sustainability Manager, Saputo Dairy UK
- Laurence Webb, Responsible Sourcing Manager, Tesco
- Matt Dight, Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, Tulip
- Andy Mitchell, Senior Technical Manager, Worldwide Fruit
By downloading resources you are agreeing to use them according to our terms and conditions.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
Courtauld Commitment Water Ambition: Working together to protect critical water resources
PDF, 1.56 MB