28 August, 2020 - 13:00
This grant is now closed.
- For micro-to-small-sized operations.
- Grants are being awarded on 'first come, first served' basis. WRAP reserves the right to close this scheme earlier where all funds have been fully allocated. We will notify all registered applicants in advance should we decide to change the submission deadline shown
- To access an application form and full guidance documentation please complete your details below.
The aim of the grant is to provide vital financial support to small not-for-profit (NFP) organisations who can redistribute surplus food from the likes of retailers, wholesalers, and food manufacturers, to people in need or those considered vulnerable.
This £1 million grant scheme is open to micro-to-small sized NFP operations that currently operate food redistribution activity. Eligible applicants may apply for grants of between £5,000 and £15,000. The grant may be used to fund the eligible capital and revenue costs.
The grant can provide funding support to help deal with any increased demand and capacity issues, additional resource, or costs for transporting the surplus food from the food business to a charity or end beneficiary. We are unable to fund the likes of kitchens facilities for meal preparations, cooking, or onward giving of food through the likes of community stores, breakfast clubs, and soup kitchens.
- Storage and containers, shelving and racking
- Temporary rental/ hire of equipment or vehicles
- Purchase of vehicles or loading equipment
- Logistical and distribution costs- such as the use of a third-party delivery firm
- New PPE and hygiene equipment
- Fridges and freezers
- Labelling equipment
- Stock inventory equipment
- Volunteer expenses
- Communication equipment
- New staff costs
- Costs associated with buying or purchasing food
- Existing staff costs
- Utility bills
- Projects outside of England
- Cooking or meal preparation activities
- Redistribution of non-food items
- Consultant costs
- Costs involved in preparing your application
- Community stores, breakfast clubs etc.
- Costs incurred prior to a grant being confirmed and accepted in writing from WRAP
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to new eligible applicants to the Resource Action Fund (RAF). Grant recipients already in receipt of a grant funding under RAF are not eligible to apply. This grant is aimed at micro to small food redistribution operations, who must be a legally registered NFP entity that is currently operating a food redistribution operation in England. Please note we are unable to accept applications from the following:
- Unregistered organisations;
- New start-up enterprises;
- Entities not currently carrying out food redistribution activity;
- Medium to large enterprises;
- Entities that are not considered not-for-profit; or
- Grant recipients already in receipt of RAF funding support.
Please note this scheme is open to micro and small operations only who are currently handling less than 500 tonnes of surplus food annually. Applicants must be a registered not-for-profit organisation which has been operating more than 12 months and based in England. Those operations that currently handle over 500 tonnes of surplus food per year are invited to register under a separate scheme that is coming soon. Please visit our funding page.