Now is the Time to Act
We have reached the point of no return in the fight against climate change.
The over-exploitation of the planet’s resources through the way we consume food and products needs to change.
We believe that through bringing about systemic change right across our supply chains, through working collaboratively, net zero is achievable. At WRAP we have been working like this for many years. We need governments, businesses, and all of us citizens pulling together in the same direction, with the same goal of protecting our world from potentially catastrophic climate change and restoring it so we can live in harmony with the planet that sustains us.
Our Chief Executive Marcus Gover led a WRAP delegation which was present throughout COP26 in Glasgow. We delivered the same message to politicians, businesses, and citizens: we cannot fix climate change if we don’t tackle consumption emissions – those caused by producing the food we eat and the products we buy.
"We ignore consumption emissions at our peril. The goods we consume, the food we buy, the clothes we wear, contribute to nearly half of all emissions."
Unite with us to tackle climate change
Countdown to COP27
Declarations and pledges have been made but we must build on this momentum. COP27 in Egypt will be the next decisive moment. WRAP can help turn words into action.
Ambitious collective targets and a clear roadmap of how to get there.
Access to technical support and guidance to target, measure and act.
Working together with others across the supply chain in a pre-competitive space.
Access to successful campaigns aimed at supporting citizens to change behaviour around food waste, plastic packaging and clothes and textiles.
Joining some of the world’s biggest brands such as Coca Cola, Unilever and Nestle.
Our insights show how better use of resources can support social, economic, and environmental objectives. Support in policy development. Benefits include:
- Access to WRAP’s long track record in supporting countries in policy development through our expert insights and technical support.
- Creating the evidence base for impactful national waste prevention and management strategies.
- Insight into how we enabled a recycling economy to flourish across the UK.
- Developing and implementing policy which delivers environmental benefits, but also creates the context for business and citizen engagement to succeed.
- Measuring change.
- Support in developing campaigns to help citizens lead more sustainable lifestyles. WRAP’s campaigns in the UK such as Recycle Now, Love Food Hate Waste, Love Your Clothes, Be Mighty. Recycle are award-winning and world-leading.
Together we can turn back the tide on climate change and build a world where resources are used sustainably, and where people, planet and nature can live in harmony.
Join the hundreds of organisations we work with globally including:
26 March 2021
6 October 2021