Now is the Time to Act
We have reached the point of no return in the fight against climate change. We will only reach Net Zero if we transform the food system and tackle consumption emissions – those caused by producing the food we eat and the products we buy. This is why:
45% of global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions can only be tackled by changing the way we make and consume products and food.
We believe that through bringing about systemic change across supply chains, and working collaboratively, Net Zero is achievable. At WRAP we have been working like this for many years.
COP27 – Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt
Declarations and pledges were made at COP26 in Glasgow, and we must build on this momentum. COP27 in Egypt will be the next decisive moment. WRAP is planning on attending COP27 and can help you to tackle climate change and protect our planet by changing the way things are produced, consumed, and disposed of.
Key milestones in the countdown to COP27 will be:
Stockholm+50 will commemorate the 1972 United Nations Conference on the Human Environment and celebrate 50 years of global environmental action. The event aims to act as a trigger for us all to go faster and further to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals and keep the world on a 1.5-degree climate pathway.
WRAP will be in Stockholm and presenting at:
APPETITES FOR CHANGE: THE POWER OF FOOD
One Planet Forum’s Changing How We Eat (1 June 10:30 – 17:30 hybrid event, Stockholm, Sweden) as part of the panel discussion on the power of sustainable consumption and production. The session addresses climate, biodiversity, and prosperity by linking consumption to production and improving consumer information.
CHANGING HOW WE TRAVEL
One Planet Forum’s Green Nudges to increase circularity of plastics in tourism (1 June 10:30-12:00 hybrid event, Stockholm, Sweden) as part of a panel discussion on the use of behavioural science to accelerate sustainability in the tourism sector and in particular the nudging approaches to tackle the consumption of plastic items and packaging. A particular focus will be exploring the use of green nudges to reduce consumption of disposable coffee cups in Sweden.
EXPONENTIAL RACE TO ZERO - FOOD AND LAND
We Don't Have Time broadcast on food and land with Exponential Road Map Initiative - this broadcast (2nd June 13:00 -16:00 CEST) is part of the Stockholm+50 Climate Hub. WRAP will be on the panel discussing scaling plant-based food and cutting food waste.
Unite with us to tackle climate change
Be a part of driving collaborative, systemic change through joining a voluntary agreement. WRAP’s The UK Plastics Pact, Courtauld Commitment 2030 and Textiles 2030 are leading the world. Benefits include:
- Ambitious collective targets and a clear roadmap of how to get there.
- Access to technical support and guidance to target, measure, and act.
- Working together with others across the supply chain in a pre-competitive space.
- Access to successful campaigns aimed at supporting citizens to change behaviour around food waste, plastic packaging and clothes and textiles.
- Joining some of the world’s biggest brands such as Coca Cola, Unilever and Nestle.
Our insights show how better use of resources can support social, economic, and environmental objectives. Support in policy development. Benefits include:
- Access to WRAP’s long track record in supporting countries in policy development through our expert insights and technical support.
- Creating the evidence base for impactful national waste prevention and management strategies.
- Insight into how we enabled a recycling economy to flourish across the UK.
- Developing and implementing policy which delivers environmental benefits, but also creates the context for business and citizen engagement to succeed.
- Measuring change.
- Support in developing campaigns to help citizens lead more sustainable lifestyles. WRAP’s campaigns in the UK such as Recycle Now, Love Food Hate Waste, Love Your Clothes, Be Mighty. Recycle are award-winning and world leading.
Together we can turn the tide on climate change and create a sustainable world where climate change is no longer a problem, and where people, planet and nature can live in harmony.
Join the hundreds of organisations we work with globally including:
26 March 2021
6 October 2021