As part of our mission to make the world a more sustainable place, we bring people together, we act on the facts, and we drive change.
The way we work is inspired by our ‘SHIFT’ values of Sustainability, Honesty, Integrity, Fairness and Teamwork, and the ‘FREDIE’ principles of Fairness, Respect, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in action
We’re proud of who we were and who we have become. Over the last few years, we’ve been working towards creating a truly inclusive and diverse culture – but we also understand it’s a journey and not a destination.
We’re not looking for people to fit in, we’re looking for people to stand out; to shine. We embrace difference, and we celebrate it.
“WRAP is by far the most inclusive place I have worked.” [WRAP colleague]
- We are Investors in Diversity accredited;
- We are a Disability Confident Employer;
- We won the small to medium sized business of the year category at the 2022 FREDIE Awards, organised by the National Centre for Diversity (NCD);
- We have been listed for two years’ running in the NCD’s top 100 organisations to work for;
- Our gender pay gap is less than 5% between men and women; you can read our Gender Pay Gap report 2022 here.
- We have an active FREDIE network that organise events, educates and actively works to embed equality, diversity, and inclusion across everything that we do.
We treat people with respect, and we value them equally regardless of age, race, gender, neurodiversity, ability, beliefs, sexuality, or personal preferences.
“I think that WRAP values everyone for who they are and shows an interest and respect for other people’s cultures and traditions.”
If you’d like to find out more, you can read our Journey Towards Equality, Diversity and Inclusion brochure.
Hybrid working: making it work for you
The working landscape has changed over the past few years, and we’ve adapted how we work and why we work the way we do.
We mix working from home and working from an office, because we understand that to drive change and truly make a difference, sometimes you will want to come together to collaborate, but other times you’ll want to work from home.
We do have a few rules though – but good ones.
- We don’t like to do meetings between 12.30 and 14:00 (GMT). Instead, we encourage people to use their lunch break to take a walk, exercise or just have a well-earned break.
- We don’t believe in a culture of presenteeism. Instead, we value productivity.
- In line with our values, we encourage teams to come together in person once a month, but we’ll always make our meetings available online too for those occasions when you can’t make it.
- We have flexible core hours so we can offer our partners and colleagues consistency.
- There will be times when you’ll be required to attend an office – for collaboration or colleague events. But you’ll be given notice and can discuss attendance with your line manager.
Sound good? Join us by checking out our latest job vacancies.