- CBBC presenter, Mwaksy Mudenda has been named Recycle Week 2023 ambassador for ‘The Big Recycling Hunt’, which promises to shine a light on items that people forget to recycle.
- Mwaksy will help raise awareness of the importance of recycling among children aged 5 to 11, throughout Recycle Week, 16th to 22nd October 2023
- Oakdale Junior School who have been selected as the first-ever Recycling Youth Ambassadors, will be visited by WRAP’s CEO Harriet Lamb and Mwaksy Mudenda to celebrate their achievement.
Search begins for the UK’s greenest primary school class
International climate action NGO WRAP has made a further key appointment to its senior leadership team as it welcomes Vijay Doshi to its board of Trustees.
- Total redistributed food has increased by around 29,000 tonnes (27%) compared to 2021, equivalent to 70 million more meals redistributed in the last year*.
- More food redistributed across all food storage types, with chilled and frozen foods seeing the highest growth across the last year at 34% and 20% respectively**.
- Increased refrigeration and freezing capacity enables charities to redistribute a wider range of foods from supermarkets, manufacturers and farms.
The Prime Minister’s Net Zero announcement yesterday – at the very time that the UN was meeting to call for more action on climate change, triggered heated debate, uncertainty, and concerns that the UK is taking its foot off the pedal and seems to think we can coast towards net zero without major shifts.
A survey of more than 1,000 UK adults conducted by climate action NGO WRAP has found that voters are more likely to vote for a political party if it includes policies on recycling and reuse in its manifesto.
WRAP welcomes the publication of the Zero Draft ahead of Novembers’ INC-3 in Nairobi. The first official draft of this important agreement synthesises feedback from INC-2 in Paris in May and offers further refinement of the proposed treaty provisions as a formal instrument for negotiations in November.
WRAP supports the Local Government Association and others in calling for a UK ban on disposable single use vapes, and the proposed Europe-wide ban on disposable vapes from 2026 - as outlined by the EU. We applaud France for introducing a country-wide ban by the end of this year and welcome the forthcoming Scottish consultation.
UK programme puts power in the hands of local people - eighteen month multi-million-pound programme supports innovators in six countries.
WRAP and Innovate UK deliver International Circular Plastics Flagship Competition and expand support for four Plastics Pacts in South Africa, India, Chile, and Kenya.
Two new Plastics Pacts brings global count to fourteen – Colombia and a forthcoming Mexico Plastics Pact.
3Cs Network (Circularity & Climate Champions) establishes global network for knowledge sharing on plastics.