The report, which has been developed with leading figures in the food supply chain, includes:
- The risks to the UK food system over the next 10 years if we don't embrace a business unusual approach to the way we manufacture, sell and consume food;
- The huge wealth of opportunities that developing a Flexible, Intelligent and Transparent (FIT) supply chain will open to the sector; and
- How a "business unusual" approach will enable the sector to respond flexibly to changes in demand and weather patterns, with a transparent supply chain that will limit food scares and scandals.
Reading the report
Food Futures is optimised for online viewing. You can navigate the report content using icons at the foot of each page. The report is divided into the following main sections:
- Executive summary – page 1-2
- Introduction – page 3-8
- Topics – page 9-68
- Conclusions, key trends and recommendations – page 69-76
All of the sources used to develop the report are available in a separate document
Whatever your role in the food supply chain, "Food Futures" has relevant information, analysis and recommendations that will help ensure that your business is FIT for the future.
By downloading resources you are agreeing to use them according to our terms and conditions.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
PDF, 13.82 MB