The 2022 Plastics Market Situation report updates on the amount of plastic packaging Placed On the Market (POM), collection rates, recycling rates, and provides an update on key developments over the past few years highlighting the challenges and opportunities ahead.
- Fall in plastic packaging placed on the market
- Movement away from rigid plastic packaging towards lightweight and flexible plastics in the consumer sector.
- Domestic recycling of plastic has increased to 53%.
- Planned recycling capacity increases will be a boost but will still fall well below current levels of plastic packaging consumption.
- Collection rates are improving for plastic packaging with more flexible plastic, rigid plastics, plastic bottles and PTTs being collected at kerbside.
By downloading resources you are agreeing to use them according to our terms and conditions.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.