Transforming the food system is critical in the fight against climate change. We need to act now.
We cannot meet vital climate targets if we do not take action to transform our food system.
The Courtauld Commitment 2030 is more important than ever in a world where the effects of climate change are becoming ever more visible and damaging, and the security of our food supply is being tested to its limits.
Our 2022 Progress and Insights Report sets out the achievements of the food and drink sector over the last year towards achieving the voluntary agreement’s targets and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Our achievements include:
- Scope 3 GHG Measurement and Reporting Protocols for Food and Drink and Emission Factor Database published.
- 12% reduction in emissions associated with UK food and drink consumption since 2015.
- The Water Roadmap has developed and secured commitment from more than 50 of the UK’s leading food and drinks companies.
- 7 collective action projects are underway.
- 300 food businesses have committed to the Food Waste Reduction Roadmap, including all of the major grocery retailers.
- 4.4m citizens changed behaviour as a result of seeing Food Waste Action Week 2022.
The Courtauld Commitment 2030 has begun the transformation of our food system. Transformation can only be achieved by working together. Courtauld 2030 is the catalyst that brings together businesses, governments and experts to make significant reductions in GHG, water and food waste through innovation and collaboration.
By downloading resources you are agreeing to use them according to our terms and conditions.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
The Courtauld Commitment 2030 Progress and Insights Report 2022
PDF, 9.33 MB