This document contains an overview of statistics on food surplus and waste in the UK.
- Section 1 contains an overview of food waste and food surplus in the UK for all sectors for 2021.
- Section 2 contains an update on the UK trends in food waste as of 2021 against the Courtauld Commitment 2030 and SDG 12.3 targets.
- Section 3 provides useful facts on food surplus redistribution for year 2022.
- Section 4 provides useful facts relating to household food waste.
- Section 5 presents more detail on estimates of food waste and surplus on farms.
By downloading resources you are agreeing to use them according to our terms and conditions.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
Food Surplus and Waste in the UK - Key Facts November 2023
PDF, 451.25 KB